Preparing to Export
Preparing to Export is our introductory workshop for businesses of all sectors that are new to exporting.
Who's it for?
Companies of all sectors that are:
- thinking about exporting for the first time
- in the early stages of exporting.
The workshop offers invaluable tools, expertise and insights to help develop export capabilities and grow business.
How does it work?
This dynamic workshop is interactive, fast-moving, and covers a lot of ground. You’ll walk away with a fully-formulated action plan to take your business into exporting.
Key areas covered
- Market Analysis: Why export? A close look at your business, and what exporting opportunities best suit it.
- Market Entry: Identify your key target markets, then discover the best approach to market entry for your company.
- International finance, contracts and logistics: Learn more about the practical aspects of exporting - including basic legal issues such as protecting your intellectual property, and putting the right contact in place to get paid.
- How to draw up an export plan - a crucial starting point for success in international business.
How your company benefits
- Practical knowledge and tools to help you seize business opportunities in overseas markets
- Expand your expertise in all aspects of international business
- Learn to develop your export plans in synergy with dynamic business growth
- Gain the skills & confidence to ensure your business succeeds in overseas markets
Previous workshop participant in Preparing to Export:
I can't imagine there is a single part of the course that won't be applicable in the long/short term future.
This course is free of charge, but because it is a form of EU State Aid, it could count towards your overall De Minimis Aid allowance. Each company is allowed a total of €200,000 in De Minimis Aid over a 3-year period (with a lower limit for fisheries and some other categories). Workshops are part funded through the European Regional Development Fund in partnership with Scottish Development International and Highlands and Islands Enterprise.
Nothing there for you? Get in touch to be informed about future workshops.